Monday, June 19, 2017

Mečem Naplocho - s/t

What a pity that these guys have disbanded but, what we can do... Here in my hands I hold their heritage - the vinyl containing two EPs (2014/2015) of these Czech hooligans. When I took a first look at this release, I was very surprised - there is only a few chances to see a 7" vinyl in a gatefold package. It is probably no surprise to anyone there are female vocals in a Czech band (I even suppose that local bands are famous for this), and as you can understand, Mečem Naplocho have female vocals too. By the way, this girl's screams are quite in harmony with the filthy guitars and low buzzing bass (in addition, the bass is the first thing you'll hear). The sound here is unclear, raw and aggressive...and this is how I think good hardcore punk should sound. Through this noisy sound we can feel the energy of old good punk. I felt that these guys play their songs bringing soul in them, and this is even more important than clear sound. But, its a pity there are only 10 songs. You must play the vinyl again and again to satisfy your ears. Listening to this small release, you just imagine yourself walking through the little filthy streets of Prague where many rats are running and the walls are covered by various inscriptions... PS. Maybe this review is a little bit off topic for this zine but I couldn't leave this release without any attention.
Rating : 8/10

You can buys this double EP thru Dead Heroes rec